Monday, January 14, 2008

2 down, 16 to go

I'm two weeks into my Pfitz plan for Colorado and still feeling fine, which is good because I really haven't done much yet and my mileage has actually been lower these first couple of weeks than it was during my last month or so of basebuilding. Anyhow, here's what I did:

Monday - 6 miles recovery + basketball
Tuesday - 8 miles general aerobic with 10x100m strides
Wednesday - 13 miles easy + basketball
Thursday - 6 miles recovery
Friday - 11 miles easy
Saturday - 6 miles recovery + cried in my beer while the Seahawks were dismantled by the Packers
Sunday - 18 miles
Total - 68 miles

On the good side, I felt good for the most part and it seems like my body is adjusting to basketball (i.e., I can walk normally after I play, rather than shuffling around the office like an old man). On the bad side, I didn't do a single core workout and I gained 0.4 pounds. I know that doesn't sound like a lot, but when you burn approximately 10,000 calories during the week and still gain weight, that just doesn't seem quite right, especially when I ate the same way I did the week before and I lost 3.5 pounds then. I'll just tell myself that I added some muscle or something.

No comments: