Monday, July 19, 2010

Still alive

In case you were wondering, I am still alive and kickin, just been lazy about posting lately. Fortunately, I haven't been nearly as lazy about running and have put in a string of three straight 70+ mile weeks since my last post. I've got a Missoula report to post, which I'll do here shortly and I also ran the Heart of the Hills 10.4 mile race (which I hadn't planned on) this past Saturday. I'll post my report on that too.

All in all, Lean Horse training is going well. I feel like I should be doing more, but then again I always feel like that, whether I'm training for 26.2 miles or 100. Mother Nature is providing ample opportunity for heat training, which I guess is both good and bad. Chances are, it will be hot during Lean Horse so I've got to prepare myself somehow. This past Friday's 30 mile suffer fest in 93 degree heat was as good a training run as any, I guess (well, it didn't FEEL good, but it should prove helpful in preparing me for race day conditions). In any case, I really don't have that much longer to train for this thing...just a couple more weeks and then it'll be taper time. Scary.

No comments: