Thursday, August 30, 2007

Running for Mom

I just discovered this morning that All Sport Central (organizers of the Mount Rushmore and Crazy Horse Marathons) has a list of associated charities and organizations that runners can raise money for. One of these organizations is the Avera Cancer Institute, which provides breast cancer research and treatment. This hits home for me because my mom was recently diagnosed with and underwent treatment for breast cancer. Her cancer was detected early and her treatment was aggressive, so her prognosis is good.

In honor of my mom and other breast cancer patients, I feel compelled to run for a reason other than to satisfy my own sadomasochistic urge to inflict pain upon myself for no apparent reason. So, I have set up a donations page through the All Sport Central website and will be running the Crazy Horse Marathon in support of the Avera Cancer Institute. Any amount is better than no amount, so please check out my donations page at http://AllSportCentral.com/donation/?R=runningformom and make a contribution.

Thanks,
Chris

No comments: