Friday, August 31, 2007

I got my Lean Horse schwag!!

Jerry, Lean Horse race director, dropped by my office this morning and dropped off my awards. All 50K and 50 mile finishers got a Black Hills gold keychain with the race logo on it (the 100 mile finishers got a belt buckle, a traditional 100 mile award). I also got a cool horseshoe award for winning my age group, my first ever 1st place award (I've won my age group in a couple of other races but they didn't give awards).

I also officially registered for Crazy Horse this morning. As of this morning, there were 64 people signed up for the full, so looks like it will be a small field (although already bigger than last year's 55). I think word has gotten out that the course is tough and more and more people are opting for the half instead (like I almost did). I've raised $35 for Avera so far (see my previous post)....only $965 to go!

1 comment:

jen said...

Hey Chris! It's been a while, but I got caught up- Congrats on Lean Horse 50k!! I can't believe you finished 2nd in your first ultra! Pretty cool. You're going to do great at Crazy Horse too. You should find a third "horse" named race and go for the trifecta! haha.

Best of luck raising money for the charity! I'll make a stop over and make donation! :)