Monday, December 8, 2008

One week to go

This past week was my second to last one of basebuilding. Frankly, it's about damn time. I've been in the lots of slow miles mode since July. I'm ready to do some "real" training again.

Sunday - 8.69 miles. I had planned on doing another 5 miles in the afternoon, but I just did not feel like it. I was totally wiped out for the rest of the day after the morning run.

Monday - 12.04 miles. This was supposed to be closer to 14 miles, but again, I just did not feel like doing it. It wasn't that I felt lazy and just wanted to go back to bed (well, kinda) but my legs just did not have any energy or strength.

Tuesday - 8.39 in the morning and 5.36 in the afternoon. The morning run was more of the same: dead legs and not much motivation. I finally started to break out of the slump in the afternoon and had a good run.

Wednesday - 6.35 in the morning and 5.15 in the afternoon. Felt somewhat normal.

Thursday - 11 miles. I wussed out and ran on the indoor track because the wind chill was near zero and I just did not feel like bundling up and going outside. So, 126.5 laps later, I was done.

Friday - 8.79 miles.

Saturday - 18 miles. I ran on my "old" long run route, which is an out and back course I haven't run on since I got my Garmin back in May. I really don't know why I've shunned this route because it seems like I always have my best long runs on it. It's a net uphill on the way out and then of course downhill on the way back, which I think helps me to finish strong.

Total - 83.77 miles. A little less than I was planning on, but I'll take anything over 80.

So, on to my last week of basebuilding. Hopefully I can finish this cycle strong and be ready to go on December 15th. Is it too early to start counting down the days until Boston??

No comments: