Monday, January 5, 2009

2008 Year in Review

Now that we're into 2009, it's as good a time as any to take a look back at my 2008 year of running:

Miles Run - 3,599 (if I'd have known this before Jan. 1st, I would have tacked on one more)

Highest Mileage Month - November (384)

Lowest Mileage Month - July (180)

Highest Mileage Week - 102.2

Lowest Mileage Week - ?? (I think it was in the 20s after one of my marathons)

Avg. Miles per Day - 9.83

Avg. Miles per Week - 69.2

Avg. Miles per Month - 299.9

PRs - 4 (5K, 10K and 2 marathon)

BQs - 1 :)

Injuries - 0 :)

What lies ahead in 2009? I honestly don't really expect my mileage to get much higher....3,600 miles is a lot of damn running. Obviously, the big date that's circled on the calendar right now is April 20th. After Boston, I'm planning on shifting my focus to the wild world of ultras, with my primary post-Boston goal race being the Lean Horse Half Hundred on August 22nd. I'll also run the Missoula Marathon again in July and will run either the half or the full at Deadwood-Mickelson in June (I'm kind of leaning toward the half since I didn't run any halves in 2008 and I really think I can break 1:30 on the Deadwood course). I'm also considering the Bighorn Trail 50K on June 20th over in Wyoming as a training run for Lean Horse. Add to that the various 5Ks, 10Ks and other races of various distances and I'm sure I'll be able to keep myself occupied.

No comments: