Thursday, July 26, 2007

42 days and counting....

Today is the opening day of the Seahawks training camp!! The opening day of football season is 42 days away and the first preseason game is just 9 days away! My wife never understands why I watch preseason games because they don't count, but it's football. You could put a bunch of monkeys in uniforms and have them run around with a football and I'd watch it. If there is one thing that I can obsess about as much as running, it's football, whether it's the Seahawks or my beloved Montana Grizzlies. This is why I love fall so much....perfect running weather and football season.

Only two days until the Spearfish Canyon Half-marathon. This race has kind of been under the radar for me. I ran it last year as my first, and so far only, half. I wasn't sure if I was going to do it again this year because it's just two weeks after Missoula, but my legs have felt surprisingly good so I'm going to give it a shot. It's hard to pass up a half-marathon that's only 10 miles from home. Plus, the course is awesome. They bus us 13 miles up Spearfish Canyon and then we run back down to the Spearfish city park. It's downhill for all but the last 1.5 miles and it's some of the best scenery around. If you've seen Dances with Wolves, you've seen a little of Spearfish Canyon as some of the winter scenes were shot there. I ran a 1:33:51 there last year and may try for a 1:32 this time. I'm just not sure how my legs are going to handle running downhill quickly for that long.

No comments: