Monday, July 30, 2007

Show me the money!!!

Finally, after over two months of waiting, I received a letter from the Fargo Marathon today! Victory is mine at last! Well, second place actually, but whatever. For the first time in my relatively short running career, I've won prize money. Second place Clydesdale was good for $75, which just happens to be the registration fee for the Lean Horse 50K, which I'm sending off tomorrow. Good timing. Of course, I don't run for the money. Good thing too, because if I did, I'd be living in a cardboard box with a handmade sign and running in shoes with my toes sticking out. The principle of this whole thing got me riled up and my persistence finally paid off. Now if I could just get the Big Sky Brewing Company to return my calls about being my primary sponsor....

1 comment:

Dane said...

Guess you have to give up that amateur status huh?